Saturday, July 20, 2019

Faith

Many things can not be changed. We can not change our DNA, our biological parents, our racial background, and the way we were brought into the world. We are attracted to who we are attracted to. We like the food that we like. We have the allergies and allergic reaction to them. One thing we can change is what we choose to have faith in. I believe in Jesus Christ. This does not mean I deny the science or judge others. I acknowledge human-caused climate change, that evolution should be studied, and think love is complicated beyond my ability to sort out. Faith is about finding a center and holding to that center. My faith is rooted deeply in Jesus Christ. I sin but in faith believe Jesus forgave my sins and forgives them. I struggle with things but in my faith, I know Jesus is with me in every hardship. The Christian faith is one of being a servant. It is one of putting not just Jesus before yourself but also others. We are not perfect but we strive to emulate the one that is perfect. Please consider looking into Jesus. Read the books of Matthew, Luke, Mark, and John in the Bible. It is not about what people consider to be right. It is about sacrificing your comfort so that others have comfort. It is about being part of an eternal relationship one based on pure selfless love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grass Cutting.

Grass in the South never seems to stop growing. In the summer months it is a twice a week chore. Dealing with a hundred degree heat, bugs th...